First Blog Post!

Hello,

Welcome to my very first blog!  I would like to first thank you for visiting my page, and encourage you to return for lots of mixed media goodness!  Let me start by introducing myself to you. My name is Krystal, 28 years old, a woman of God, saved by grace, and living in sunny California. 


Recently I have found a passion for mixed media. For my 18th Birthday I remember asking my mom for scrapbook supplies after seeing a friend make one for our High School.  So you can guess what my first scrapbook was of.  Yes, High School.  My second one was for my mom, it was of my grandfather.  My third one was for my younger brother for his birthday. I recently did a Smash Book for a recent trip to Florida.  


Paper is something wonderful that you can create endless works of art with.  I love to alter things, from old pop-tart boxes to Tim Holtz configuration books.  My feet have just begun to get wet on this art filled journey.  


Art Journaling has been therapeutic for me.  The excitement I had after finishing my first art journal was like a little kid in a candy shop.  Now in my second art journal, I have found what mediums work best together and what doesn't work quite so well.  My greatest lesson was working with dye inks and archival inks.  Its so nice not having my beautiful designs smeared when going over it with a coat of matte medium (still growing and learning here).  I have many projects going on all at once, my desk gets crazy sometimes.  


I'm always on the hunt for supplies to stock up on. I'll admit I'm addicted to shopping, But hey I say "If its on sale why not?".   If you like mixed media, and would like to see projects, tutorials, or shopping hauls, then this is the blog for you.  





1 comment