Art Journal Week 37 DLP - What makes your heart sing?


September Theme
Journaling with Photos
September 12
Art Challenge: Digital Imagery & Design
Journal Prompt:  What Makes Your Heart Sing?


Zazu is what makes my heart sing every day.  Meet my 2 year old Congo African Grey Parrot.  She recently had her 2 year hatch day on September the second.  A hatch day for a bird is the equivalence to a birthday for humans. I have hand raised this little gem since she was 6 weeks old.  She is so loving, chatty, and smart, most of all she has such a special place in my heart. When I seen what the journal prompt was I knew that I was going to pay tribute to her this week, which lead to her being the star of my layout.  


For the art challenge of using digital imagery and design, I first started with this photo I took of Zazu while we were outside enjoying the sunshine together on my I Phone. I used a photo editing app to edit and crop the photo.  I then uploaded the photo to my computer. 


As some of you may know from previous blog post, I have a Silhouette Cutting Machine and use it all the time!  There is a Silhouette Design Software program that you can download onto your computer that goes with the  Silhouette machine.  With the  Silhouette Design software I was able to upload the photo edited of Zazu and put a floral frame around the photo.  Next I had a watercolor image uploaded to the software. I then searched the Silhouette store for a scallop border, once I found one that I liked I uploaded the scallop border image with the watercolor imaged and made about 6 scallop borders that I wanted to put around the pages.  


Once I had my images ready to go I sent the designs to the printer, and put the photocopy of them on the sticky cutting mat and loaded it into the machine, then I sent the designs to the Silhouette machine to cut out around each of the images for me.  After all my digital images were designed, and cut I began putting down tissue paper by Tim Holtz to cover the background.  


Next I Put down a few different layers paint, drips and splatter.  I wanted to add some texture, so I used a few different stamps in the background.  Next I adhered the scallop borders around the pages with a matte medium.  


Then I adhered the photo of Zazu, and the alpha stickers to the other side of the page that read;  "Zazu you make my heart sing." Afterwards I used a white sharpie to doodle around the scallop border and the floral frame, then using a black fude ball pen I out lined the letters, and doodled circles inside the scallop border, and with that called it done.  
Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear from you, so please comment below.
  
xoxo
Krystal

2 comments