"If you're going to be weird, be confident about it!" DLP Week 32


Week 32
August Theme
Faces, the Human Form & Characters
August 8
Art Challenge: Characters
Journal Prompt:  "If you're going to be weird,
 be confident about it!" Author Unknown

This Weeks challenge was literally quite a challenge. I wanted to make a "weird" looking fairy for my character.  I'll be honest with you, I'm scared to draw, when it comes to faces or anything I automatically think to my self "you can't draw that."  That is a big lie that creeps in and stops us from being able to let our creativity really flow.  This month I really am excited to come out of my shell and try to really draw something, even if it looks like a five year old drew it, I'm trying and developing my skill.  Practice, practice, practice. 




 I have recently got my first set of inktense pencils from Derwent, so I thought it would be fun to experiment with them this week.  The background color was done with three colors from the inktense red, purple and blue. 

After putting down some color I got a flesh tone acrylic paint and began making the oval shape for a head, and neck.  Next I cut out a skirt from some pattern cardstock paper, and also cut some wings from plain white cardstock.  I then applied the cut out pieces down to my page using a matte medium.  After everything was dry I used the inktense pencils to color the fairy and add details to her. 



Also used quite a few different Dylusions stamps in the background and around the border of the page.  I then doodled with white sharpie in between the areas of the stamped border. 



Last I found a metal tag from Tim Holtz that says "embrace imperfection" and a sticker from his chat collection that says " be you, bravely".  I thought that the two quotes tied in well with the journal prompt this week.  


Thanks for checking my page out, I hope you are encouraged today to step out of your comfort zone and let your creativity fly! 
~Krystal~















2 comments