The Documented Life Project: Week 27: "Life... with a history"

The Documented Life Project 2015

July Theme
Ephemera
July 4th : Week 27
Art Challenge: Using Old Maps, Letters, Tickets & More
Journal Prompt:  Life...with a history



For this weeks challenge, I wanted my layout to have an older vintage look to it, so I stuck with using quite a bit of browns and gold, with a few touches of teal, and pink.  My ephemera stash is quite small.  Thinking outside the box,  I decided to go through my many stacks of scrapbook paper  to see what I could cut out and use as ephemera. DCVW makes great paper stacks and if you catch a sale going at JoAnn's you can get them half price.  I found The Heirloom Stack, which has a page in it that i cut out two different pieces to use in my layout. I also used some Ruby Rock-It "heritage" die cuts, and a die cut of a dressmakers doll that I had cut while at my local scrapbook store.  




I wanted to organize all my pieces out before gluing any thing down or putting my modeling paste down, just to get more of an idea of how things were going to sit. It drives me crazy when I'm in a rush and I don't plan things out before hand, and once I glue something down its hard to change it with out messing something up.  So for all the little pieces of "ephemera" I had I wanted to be happy with the layout once it was glued down, so here was my layout planned before all the layers.





Supplies Used:
Cypress Homes Cocktail Napkins " Global"
Liquitex Matte Medium
Liquitex acrylic gesso
Liquitex modeling paste
1" paint brush
Tim Holtz "Clockwork" Stencil
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Semi-gloss acrylic "classic teal"
Tim Holtz Distress Paint "Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Tarnished Brass."
Viva Decor Inka Gold
6x6 TCW "Mini Alhambra" stencil
Tim Holtz Cling Stamps "Steampunk"
Prima Marketing Finnabair clear stamp "item # 960780"
Archival Pigment ink pad Brilliance "pearlescent olive"
Ranger Archival Ink "Sepia"
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: " picked raspberry, vintage photo."
Ruby Rock-It "Heritage" die-cut pack
Tim Holtz Alpha Tiles




Ranger's Perfect Pearls was used to add a gold shimmer to the dress makers dress.  For the metal wing embellishments, I added Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks to give it some color.  Also on the heart locket and the pocket watch you can see a bit of a shine from the reflection of light.  That is where I have applied Ranger's Glossy Accents.  For a shadowed look I have went around each piece with a brown Faber-Castell pitt brush marker. Tim Holtz "Clockwork" Stencil was used with some modeling paste on the bottom right hand side of the page for some added texture.  The flowers were part of the Ruby Rock-It die cut heritage pack. They have accents of glitter on the flower pedals and on some of the leaves.  




Above I have added the brown & gold "say it in crystals" by Prima.  The quote "life with a history" is written with Tim Holtz Alpha Tiles.  I have also added Ranger's Glossy Accents to the heart on the ruler, the top of the perfume bottle, and on the buds of the flower.  




Here is the full layout of this weeks Documented Life Project Challenge.  Below I have posted the video for the making of this page.  Please be sure to check it out.  I'd love to hear from you, be sure to like and comment.


Thanks for Stopping by! XOXO

Krystal






No comments