Whimsical Mushroom Art Journal Page

Last week I finished up a canvas using The Crafter's Workshop "Whimsical Shrooms" stencil- TCW578 and I used modeling paste to give the mushrooms a raised textured look.  Today I was working in my art journal putting down layers of paint using various other stencils and when I was done I thought to myself what next?  I seen the "whimsical shroom" stencil sitting next to me and thought it would be fun to use it again in my art journal.  





First I grabbed 5 different Tim Holtz Distress Paints with Sponge Daubers on the ends. Next I got out  a variety of The Crafters Workshop Stencils.  I found it was so easy to apply paint with the stencil onto my page using the distress paints since they had a built in sponge on the bottle.  It was really effortless to apply. 



After I had three or four layers of paint on my page I used some Liquid Acrylic to add some purple to the areas where I still had white showing, bringing up some of the color with a baby wipe.  


For more texture I used a couple of Kaiser Kraft stamps along with some archival ink.  


 Next I got the "Whimsical Mushroom" stencil out and traced around the inside of the stencil with a graphite pencil.  Layering the mushrooms.


After I was finished tracing the mushrooms with a pencil, I colored in the mushrooms with a black fude ball pen.  


I then went around the mushrooms with a white paint pen, adding some spots and dots to the tops of the mushrooms.  I then watered down some white gesso and added some paint splatters to the page. 


I added a butterfly to the page putting some magenta acrylic on it for  a brighter color that would pop.  I then went around the butterfly with a black Derwent inktense pencil to add some shadowing.  


 I added a quote from the Tim Holtz small talk Sticker sheet, also going around the stickers with an inktense pencil like I did to the butterfly.


Thank you so much for visiting the Mixed Media Attic.  If you have any questions or comments I would love to hear from you.  

- Krystal Barto



No comments