Bible Journaling Week 2, and 3 of Lent

Hello, and welcome to The Mixed Media Attic!  I have been doing the She Reads Truth Lent Devotional these last three weeks now.  If you missed my post from the first week of Lent and would like to check it out, I have the link posted below:

The last three weeks I have been digging deeper into the word, and spending more time with God. During the second week, I did fall behind as the flu bug got me that has been going around.  Feeling better now and ready to share with you all some of my pages from my Journaling Bible.
On Day 8 I had posted my photo on my instagram account.  As many of you may know of Illustrated Faith, well all Glory to God.... My photo was featured on their Instagram feed! I was so stoked!  


One of my favorite prayers

On day 12 I wanted to try my own hand lettering, something that I do not like.  I went out on a limb and decided to try lettering without doing it in pencil first.  After laying down the ink, of course I was unhappy with my hand lettering.  But what I want to show you here is, I tried.  I may not like my results but its imperfect, and that is ok.

Same here on day 13 I wanted to try my own hand lettering, I was happy with the results, except for the I in Him, but after looking at it and grumbling and fussing with the imperfection in my lettering I realized that I was getting better and I took my time rather than rushing like the day before.







Again trying my luck with my own lettering, I opted out of using pencil first and going over it later with a pen, and dove right in with ink.  I regretted that decision yet again.  Imperfections are what makes my journaling bible unique right?

Here was my first attempt at trying to paint messy flowers.... I got the messy down.

7 day series of in the book of Jonah 


I love to listen to praise and worship music while journaling in my Bible.  One song I found my self listening to that went with day  15  was a hymn called "I Need Thee Every Hour"  I found a beautiful version of this on YouTube done by Joey and Rory that I have shared with you all below,

 
Thanks for visiting! 
God Bless, 
Krystal




No comments