Week 5 of Lent & Holy Week in my Journaling Bible

Hello friends!  As Lent comes to an end I wanted to share with you the rest of my pages in my journaling Bible, that correlated with the She Reads Truth Lent Devotional.  You can check out their site below:

A few weeks ago I ordered some Illustrated Faith stickers, and die-cuts along with their new Beautiful Devotional Kit by Valerie Wieners.  I ended up using quite a few of my new goodies to create many of my pages these last few weeks.

I wanted to make a little door to go with the verse below.

Keeping it simple using some washi tape, stamps, and alpha stickers.  
                                   

The start of Holy Week: Palm Sunday 
"Hosanna in the highest." 

Below I used the tag that was in the Illustrated Faith News Letter, where a free set of Printables was included. I wanted to try out the new Illustrated Faith Pebeo Acrylic Paints.  I swiped some paint onto the page using an old gift card with three different colors, next I watered down some paint and added it into the areas where I still had white showing.  I added some alpha stickers for the verse and outlined them with a pen.  I love the watercolor look from the paints. 
On Tuesday this past week as many of you know there was an attack in Brusseles, Belgium.  I wanted to pray tribute to the horrific events of the day, and it really went with a verse from the Lent devotional.

"Then he said to them, "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.  There will be great earthquakes, and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven." (Luke 21:10,11) 

Here I wanted to draw an alabaster jar.  This verse reminded my of a song by Rend Collective. I wanted to share it with you all here below:
"I am broken at Your feet
Like an alabaster jar
Every piece of who I am
Laid before Your majesty

I will bow my life
At Your feet, at Your feet
My lips, so lost for words
Will kiss Your feet, kiss Your feet"

Here I used up some of the free printables from the Illustrated Faith News Letter, and added some journaling of the verse to the margin.
                         

Using more of the free printables and some alpha stickers for my Good Friday page. I journaled some Lyrics to a Chris Tomlin song that I thought, the words go perfect for Christ sacrafice on the cross for us.
                         
"At the cross
At the cross
I surrender my life
I'm in awe of You
I'm in awe of You
Where Your love ran red
And my sin washed white
I owe all to You
I owe all to You Jesus"

Last is my page for Easter Sunday.
                          
Now the stone was rolled away, and Christ is risen.  He is risen indeed!

God Bless you, and thanks for visiting.
Krystal






No comments