"A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words" Week 26 DLP

The Documented Life Project 2015 
Week 26

June Theme
Travel Journaling
June 27
Art Challenge: Photos and Words
Journal Prompt:  A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Can you believe we are already half way through the year of 2015, and half way through our journals for The Documented Life Project .  We are also on the last challenge for the month of June.  Travel journaling reminds me so much of using my Smash Book, since that is what I seem to use when I travel beings it's so convenient to keep all my keepsakes in one place.



 I went through my stacks of scrapbook paper and decided to use The Dear Lizzy's Neapolitan 12x12 Specialty Paper Pad.  Inside was a sheet of stickers which I used along with a sheet of multi colored stripes, and florals for the back ground .When starting an art journal page, I like to always start with collaging pieces of scrap book paper down first.  Not only does it add more stability to my page, but if I'm using a translucent medium (gelatos) for color, you are still able to see the print from the scrapbook paper in the background




In the pad of paper there were a few sheets of these "photos" which I thought would be fun to use as part of the art challenge to use photos and words.  I knew I was going to be using the sunset photo that I had taken, and some of the photos in the paper pad had cute sayings.  I cut out six different photos, one saying "sweet sunshine" another saying "The sun stretched out and touched my cheeks.", one of a camera, and another of a heart.  




This weeks challenge I decided to bust out some of my Amy Tangerine stickers that I have been hoarding for a while now to throw in the background of the layout.

The color for the background was achieved using Faber-Castell Gelatos.  I like using the gelatos when I want the under paper to show through under my color.  I was careful not to color over the photos I had cut out.  I wanted them to show through.  


 For the Art Challenge there was an awesome picture that I had taken while in Florida while visiting my family of a gorgeous sunset that was going to be used.  This week while browsing my Tumblr account I had came across this beautiful poem that went perfect with the photo, and would work with the art challenge of using photos and words. 

"I find God in sunsets. 
Where the beauty is warm and pleasing.  
It’s breathtaking. 
The fiery reds and calming pinks.  
Like the rays of sunshine touch my skin.  
Tears well up in my eyes. 
How beautiful my Creator is. 
How He comes to me in nature.  
Meets me at the other side of my worries. 
God, I yearn for you and your colorful heart. 
You have a way of knowing my every move.  
In the rays of Your Son. 
Shine on me. 
Light me up."


I had taken the poem I found on Tumblr, and wrote it out on a journaling tag.  Next I sprayed the journaling tag with Dylusions Spray Ink, and put a ribbon through the hole of the tag.  After I made the tag, I wasn't happy with just putting it on the page.  I had recently gotten a We R Memory Keepers Albums Made Easy Journaling Card Kit, which came with a brown envelop that held the tag just perfectly. I didn't want to leave the envelope plain so in the kit was a yellow chevron card that I cut down to fit the front of the envelope.  


Below is my YouTube video that I have made of this weeks challenge. Check it out to see how it all came together.  I would love to hear from you, please like, comment, and share. 



Thanks for stopping by, xoxoxo! 
Krystal


No comments