The Documented Life Project 2015 : Week 25 "There's no place like home."


Can you believe we are in the 25th week of the year already? Is it just me, or has this year really gone by fast? It seems each year goes by faster than the last.  The earliest memories I have were with my mother at my grandfathers house laying in my crib.  That had to have been about 25 years ago.  To look back to memories at my grandfathers house through the years are some of the best times I had while growing up in my hometown in Ohio.  

If you have been following my blog these last few weeks you may know that I have been participating in The Documented Life Project 2015.  Each Saturday the ladies from Art to the 5th put up a Weekly Challenge, and each month there is a new theme.  

June Theme
Travel Journaling
June 20
Art Challenge: Hometown Inspiration
Journal Prompt:  There is no place like home

 I wanted to do a fun house scene for this weeks challenge for my "home town inspiration" .  You can see in the photos and in my YouTube video below, that on the house there is an address.  Memories of my hometown were at my grandpas house.  The address 362 does have some meaning.  


Supplies Used:
Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions Creative Journal
Liquitex Matte Medium
Liquitex Basics Acrylic Gesso
Tim Holtz Distress Paint
Tim Holtz Distress Stain
Faber-Castell Pitt Brush Markers
Halmark tissue paper



The clothes line reminded me of my grandfathers neighbor Velma.  She was a sweet old lady that didn't mind if my 5 year old imagination took me playing in her yard, and sometimes on the metal bars of her clothes line.  I thought I was a gymnast.  




I really enjoyed doing this weeks challenge, and reflecting back on the many memories at grandpas house.  Below is a video that I have made while creating this layout.  




I hope you enjoyed the video! xoxo






2 comments