The Documented Life Project 2015: Week 22

May Theme: Touchy Feely (Texture) 
May 30th 
Art Challenge: Textured Paper
Journal Prompt: I'm so not feeling it!


For this weeks challenge, I went shabby chic with a little bit of desert.  The journal prompt "I'm so not feeling it" reminded me of being in a funk and not feeling the mood I'm in.  When I get those bouts of "not feeling it" I tend to eat my emotions.  Desert has always been my weakness, which led to my inspiration for this weeks challenge.  





I kinda borrowed the quote "Keep Calm and carry on" but, instead I changed it to "Keep Calm and eat a Cupcake."  

Materials used: 
Liquitex Matte Medium
Liquitex Basic White Acrylic Gesso
Liquitex Modeling Paste
Mini Spray Bottle (Water)
Paint Brushes/Pallet Knife
Recollections 12x12 Card-stock (The Sweetest Thing)
American Crafts Remarks Letter Sticker Book (Madison)
Cricut Die Cutting Machine
Cricut Cartridge (Straight From The Nest)
Craftsmart Acrylic Paint (Robin's Egg Blue, Brown, Golden Brown, Ivory, and Pink Chiffon)
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Semi-Gloss Acrylic Paint (Purple Palette)
Americana Multi-Surface Satin (Lipstick)
Bo Bunny Stencil
Prima Color Bloom Spray Mist ( Iris, Peony)
Lace 
11mm. 7/16 in.  Round Foam Dots
Art Minds Extra Fine Glitter (Crystal Diamond)
Paper Doily
Dry Wall Tape
Ranger Glossy Accents
Faber-Castell Pitt Brush Markers (Pink Madder Lake, Nougat, Chromium Green, Deep Scarlet Red)



I used modeling paste to give the frosting some "texture", then I added some glitter to give it a little sparkle.  


The Glossy Accents by Ranger, really make the cherry look shiny and gives it a little added texture. Please be sure to check out my process video for this weeks challenge right down below.  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments