The Documented Life Project 2015 : Week 21

May Theme: Touchy Feely (Texture)

May 23rd

Art Challenge: Cheese Cloth

Journal Prompt: Say Cheese


For this weeks challenge I kept it pretty simple, and easy.  The journaling prompt "say cheese" automatically made me think of posing for a picture.  Since this year I was able to get my mom to join me in doing the Documented Life Project,  I thought it would be nice to add a photo of us on the pier in Florida. This is a photo sent to me from my mom, she used a photo editing app to get the pretty design around border.  I thought the colors in the photo went well with the spray inks I used from Tattered Angels.   


Cheese cloth was added as part of the background for texture, along with pieces of dry wall tape.  More cheese cloth was added behind the photo loosely.  I decided to leave the cheese cloth behind the photo white to make the letters pop on the right side of the page. My intention was to have a translucent color for the background so you could see the camera paper in the background.  


Here is the finished page of my layout this week.  I have uploaded my very first process video to YouTube.  You can check it out down below.  I hope you enjoy, and thank you for stopping by.











No comments