The Documented Life Project Week 24 "Taking The Road Less Traveled"

June Theme
Travel Journaling
June 13
Art Challenge: Recording Memories
Journal Prompt:  Taking the Road Less Traveled


Hello, and welcome to the Mixed Media Attic!  The Theme for this month is "Travel Journaling".  The last time I traveled, it was to Florida to visit my family and we also took a road trip to Ohio during my visit.  For that visit I was blessed, and able to stay for a month. During that month of course we captured many memories, and photos, but I also collected memorabilia from each place that we ate at, every state we drove through I picked up a post card, menus, business cards, tickets, anything to remind me of my time there with my family.  At the end of my trip I put all my photos, and keepsakes into a SMASH Book from K&COMPANY. 

For this weeks challenge, I wanted to take some of my memories of that vacation and make the layout look like its part of my SMASH Book.  I had some really cute 3x4 journaling cards that were travel themed.  I collaged them into my background along with some 6x6 "Open Road" Crate Paper, and Tim Holtz "Postale"  Tissue Wrap.  After collaging the papers to the background I went over the paper with a watered down layer of Gesso.


                


I had a few pictures left from that vaction that I wanted to include into the page.  One photo was perfect for this weeks challenge of "Taking the road less traveled" since it was of the road going through Tennessee on our way up to Ohio.  

On the left side of the page I included a striped patterned tag envelop, with a journaling card, where I jotted down some memories of my vacation.  





                            


A sunset on the pier with my mom, and a delicious dinner on the water.  Some great memories with the ones I love the most.  
                                                     
                       

I have a video to go with this weeks challenge, be sure to check it out right below.  Thank you for stopping by.


1 comment