"Time Keeps on Ticking" Art Journal Page: Week 28 DLP 2015

The Documented Life Project 2015

Week  28 

July Theme
Ephemera
July 11
Art Challenge: Focal Point vs. Layering*
Journal Prompt:  Time keeps on ticking
*Your challenge is to create a focal point on your piece this week. Add layering as you choose.
This week I really went quick and easy with the layout.  I started with some scrap book paper from the DCWV Heirloom paper stack.  I liked that it had the clock on the side of the paper along with a little whimsical design.  I knew I wanted some of the pattern on the paper to show through the color being put down.  The picture to the left shows my journal after putting a light wash of Gesso and water.  I like using Gesso on my pages because it helps to prime my paper for all the layers of collaging, painting, and water that go down to make a page.  Gesso helps certain mediums to not absorb right into your paper. For instance when using my gelatos (like I have done for this layout), I prefer putting down gesso before using the gelatos so that the color blend smoothly and do not soak right into the paper.


Ephemera is the monthly theme for July, so I used Tim Holtz ephemera packs an layered the clocks as my focal point.  After placing the clocks, it looked plain, like something was missing.  I then added the butterflies and moths with the clocks.


The Scrap book paper used had a picture of a clock on it that I wanted to show through in the background.  The small ephemera clocks were layered around that large clock in the background, and was then highlighted with some brown.

The larger brown clocks in the background were achieved using my Tim Holtz Clock work stencil and Vintage photo Distress ink from Tim Holtz.





I wanted to use the journal prompt as my quote on the right side of the page.  I used the alpha stickers from Tim Holtz.  Another little butterfly was also added to the bottom of the quote.

I had some Prima Say it in Crystals bling that was added to the  right hand top and bottom corners of the page.  I hope you enjoyed this weeks layout!

Krystal

No comments